Christine Burke, Director, Campus & Facilities Planning, has been selected to the Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Championship Team 2017 in recognition of her leadership role in the real estate and development industry.
Christine was selected based on her:
- Exceptional leadership and skill in the real estate development and land use disciplines;
- Dedication to, and success at, building thriving communities across the Toronto region; and
- Capacity to inspire others in the industry
Launched in 2014, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Toronto is part of a global Urban Land Institute (ULI) network promoting the advancement of women in real estate and development.
WLI Toronto is committed to increasing the number and visibility of women in leadership roles at ULI Toronto and the industry in general, by promoting the value that ULI offers for women in the industry.
The Toronto District Council takes on a leadership role with WLI global and links to the ULI Building Healthy Places agenda by showcasing key women in planned programming.
The mission of the WLI is to:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers as leaders within ULI and in the real estate industry
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions within ULI and in the real estate industry
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full Members and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions
- Increase the visibility of women leaders within ULI and in the real estate industry
We congratulate Christine on this honour!
Read more about the ULI here.