Over 600 University Operations members (almost 40% of our team!) enjoyed delicious food – supplied by our very own Food Services culinary team, and cooked up by leads from all UO units – as well the seasonal music from steel band JK Pan Vibrations, during this, our 3rd Than-Q BBQ & Awards event.
This is our opportunity to celebrate our entire team, and to honour our often unsung heroes for the great work they do in creatively, efficiently and dedicatedly furthering our mission through our three levels of UO Awards.
Our thanks once again to University College for inviting us back for another year!
Congratulations to all…and read more about your colleagues (and yourselves!) below!
University Operations Annual Staff Achievement Awards Program
The Vice-President University Operations has established the annual Staff Achievement Awards Program in order to recognize exceptional staff contributions to the success of their particular unit, the University Operations portfolio and the University.
The program provides University Operations with an opportunity to thank staff for the valuable work performed throughout the year.
Outstanding Individual Employee Award
Presented to an individual staff member (regardless of length of service) involved in any area of staff work who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- Peter Johnston, Facilities & Services
- Rose Stina, Academic + Campus Events
- Reno Strano, Facilities & Services
- Gloria Cuneo, Ancillary Services
- Penny Wilson Ancillary Services
- Gloria Rasing, Ancillary Services
- Ken DeBaeremaeker, Planning & Budget
- Kristina Kazandjian , Ancillary Services
- June Cheng, ITS
- Michael Cicerani, University Planning, Design & Construction
Read more about each of our Winners in the 2017 University Operations Outstanding Individual Employee Award citations.
Distinguished Service Award
Presented to an employee with more than 15 years of service at the University who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- Fatima Costa, Facilities & Services
- Sandra Levere, Facilities & Services
- Diane Lekas, Academic + Campus Events
- Margaret Scully, Facilities & Services
Read more about each of our Recipients 2017 University Operations Distinguished Service Award citations.
Outstanding Staff Team Award
Presented to two or more staff members who function as a team and who have taken on a time-limited project.
Joy Li all from ITS
and from Central HR: Sheryl Vitug
Room Assignment Team
Info Security Education Campaign
Project Management Drawings Initiative
Student Accounts project
Petru Sugarall from ITS,
and from Financial Services:
Audrey Cheung and
VPUO HR, Food Services insourcing HR support
Read more about our Winners and their innovative projects in the 2017 University Operations Outstanding Staff Team Award citations.
Congratulations to all!
And did we mention great prizes? These were supplied by our own units, and competition was fierce!
Some of the prizes available were
- 2 prizes of 1 month free parking or 1 month free TTC card (Transportation) – 1 was already awarded to Glenn Fraser of F&S as our Early Bird prize
- Steam Plant Tour (F&S)
- Campus Police Ride Along (F&S)
- Lug-A-Mug/Recyclable Mugs from Grounds Services (50)
- 10 caps/hats, 10 work gloves, 10 stubby screwdrivers and 10 Reusable Bags from Trades Services
- Classic fire extinguisher from Fire Prevention Services (2)
- And fabulous prizes from Ancillary Services featuring our branded bags, hats and water bottles
What a great way to end the summer and to start the school year!