University Operations Annual Staff Achievement Awards Program
The Vice-President University Operations has established the annual Staff Achievement Awards Program in order to recognize exceptional staff contributions to the success of their particular unit, the University Operations portfolio and the University.
The program provides University Operations with an opportunity to thank staff for the valuable work performed throughout the year.
Three types of achievement-based awards were presented at our inaugural Than-Q BBQ and Awards event on Tuesday, September 1st:
Outstanding Individual Employee Award
Presented to an individual staff member (regardless of length of service) involved in any area of staff work who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- Patrick Brennan, Facilities & Services
- John Calvin, Information Technology Services
- Richard Cheng, Information Technology Services
- David Kim, Ancillary Services
- Nicholas Potovszky, University Planning, Design & Construction
- Wayne Shaw, Facilities & Services
- Allan Stojanovic, Information Technology Services
- Stan Szwagiel, Facilities & Services
Read more about each of our Winners in the 2015 University Operations Outstanding Individual Employee Award citations.
Distinguished Service Award
Presented to an employee with more than 15 years of service at the University who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- John Jankowski, Facilities & Services
- Ivo Sousa, Facilities & Services
- Gayle McBurnie, Ancillary Services
- Christina Tsang, Information Technology Services
Read more about each of our Recipients 2015 University Operations Distinguished Service Award citations.
Outstanding Staff Team Award
Presented to two or more staff members who function as a team and who have taken on a time-limited project.
- Lamp server compromise response team
- David Auclair
- Allan Stojanovic
- Joe Bate
- Peter Cheung
- Donny Wong
- Elana Zatzman
- Jeremy Graham
- Gord Russell
- Alex Nishri
- Ted Sikorski
- Joseph Lam
- Michael Simms
- Learning Technologies Interoperability team
- Marco Di Vittorio
- Ahalya Rajkumar
- Ryan Green
- Sue McGlashan
- Ashley Langille
- Virtual Machine Automation Tools team
- Evgueni Martynov
- Vladimir Vinogradov
- Jae Chung
- Paul Kern
- TM1 Implementation Team
- Al Lecointe
- Jenny Cheng
- Jeff Waldman
- Susan Rodgers
- Archana Shah
- Andy Chien
Read more about our Winners and their innovative projects in the 2015 University Operations Outstanding Staff Team Award citations.
Congratulations to all!
The first ever Than-Q BBQ:
Almost 500 University Operations members enjoyed great food – supplied by our very own Food Services culinary team, and cooked up by leads from all UO units – as well the music of Loco Zydeco, great company, and great prizes supplied for the “Meet the Gang” competition….and, boy, was competition fierce!
Some of the prizes available were
- 2 prizes of 1 month free parking or 1 month free TTC card (Transportation)
- 10 $50 gift cards for food at any one of our Food Services locations
- Steam Plant Tour (F&S)
- Invoice Workflow Software Demo and Tour (F&S finance)
- Campus Police Ride Along (we can offer 2) (F&S)
- Lug-A-Mug/Recyclable Mugs from Grounds Services (20)
- Forget Me Nots/Blooms in a Bag also from Grounds Services (25)
- 10 caps/hats, 10 work gloves, 10 stubby screwdrivers and 10 Reusable Bags from Trades Services
- Niagara wine (1 x 12 bottles) University Planning Design & Construction
- Classic fire extinguisher from Fire Prevention Services
- Prize bags from Ancillary Services featuring our branded hats and water bottles
The service order placed for the great weather came through, and we were so grateful to University College for offering up their beautiful Quad as a thank you to the UO team for their support throughout the year.
What a great way to end the summer and to start the school year!